Monday, August 29, 2016

Lady travels across America, one state at a time ... Part 1

California, we're coming ... after we stop in Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, and Utah!
My bionic knee is well enough,
so I'm taking my E-ped bike to California!
August 2016
To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.


Happy September!

Let me begin by reminding you that
my iMac went kaput,
so there won't be many recent pictures on this blog.
But I'm still in good working order so
I shall write on Rob's laptop.

Finally, the day has arrived and we 
have hit the road to California.
We spent the first night at 
The Walmart Resort
in Cookville, Tennessee.
Such entertainment at that place!

Sunset at Kentucky Lake
Day two we arrived at the KOA 
Kentucky Lake campground.
Oh, so beautiful and peaceful.
AND a large swimming pool
all to myself.
I've already swam twice 
(my bionic knee is rejoicing!)
and I'm getting ready to trek over in about an hour.
Poolside at Kentucky Lake campground
We will head for Springfield, MO tomorrow
where we'll spend a week visiting
with our son, Shawn,
and his beautiful wife of 20 years,
Frances Watson,
journalist and anchor for
ABC news, Springfield MO.
Yes, we are very proud of her.

This is a short blog.
Don't sound so happy.
I shall return,
and hopefully I can figure out 
how to post the pictures from my iPhone.

Until next time ...

Light is sweet and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.
However, many years a man may live,
let him enjoy them all.
Ecclesiastes 11:7-8




No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!