Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Lady travels across America, one state at a time. Part 2

KOA Route 66, Springfield, MO
with son Shawn, Bass Pro Photographer

Go forth seeking adventure.
Open your eyes, your ears,
your mind, your heart,
your spirit,
and you'll find adventure everywhere.

Day 1: Rob and I pulled out of our driveway
on Saturday, August 27th.
Today is ... lets see ...
...what day is it?
You see, when you travel,
you have a habit of losing track of time.
Which is kind of nice,
as long as you remember to pay the bills on time.
I write this on Friday, September 16th,
Day 22 of our journey from
South Carolina to
Southern California.
Oh, the beautiful sights we have seen
along the way.
From the hills of Tennessee,
to the plains of Kansas...
Farewell Kansas. I love your simple beauty.
Thank you for giving us corn and other fine products.
Besides Dorothy and Toto, I don't know anyone else who lives in Kansas.
...to the Rockie Mountains of Colorado.
It's almost too much for the human senses to handle
in such a short time.
But I'm doing my best.
My new friend in Aspen CO
Many ask me,
How is life on the road?
I answer,
It is so freeing!
Less clothing, less kitchen ware,
less everything.
And I haven't missed anything, yet.
The Summit in the Rockies, CO
There are challenges, 
similar to those at home.
For example,
our front air conditioner went kaput
right after we departed
Springfield, Missouri.
I had my first experience with ANTS
in Colorado, of all places.
(a few traveled with us to Utah
but they are slowly dwindling)

But I choose not to complain.
After all, I remember when we traveled for a month through Siberia in 1992
on the former Youth Communist Propaganda train
with no air conditioning, and we fought man-eating mosquitos.
And what about when we volunteered on the 
WW2 ship Restoration for 14 months in 1994-95
and traveled the seven seas and a few oceans 
without air conditioning and fought varments from rats to bugs of all species.
So how can I complain?
The Summit, Colorado
September 2016
The weather has been almost perfect.
We had a few hours of rain upon entering Springfield, Missouri
so we took the wrong turnoff due to the downpour and to my 
iPhone's wrong directions.
It took us 45 minutes to finally find the KOA that
was only 12 minutes away!
What stresses me the most?
When my iPhone and our RV GPS
gives us different directions and we must
decide quickly which direction to take.
Rob: "Should I turn?"
Me:  "I don't know."
"Why don't you know?"
Ugh!
And so it goes.
We laugh later, but it's quite stressful when its pouring and
you're not familiar with the area.

Here are a few photos of our journey thus far.
Gorgeous scenery. Delicious food,
Good sleep.  Meeting new friends.
Next state, next blog: UTAH!
"Rocky Mountain HIGH, Colorado!"
John Denver Sanctuary
I stumbled upon an artist colony in Redstone, a
small town north of Glenwood Springs,
not too far from Aspen.
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers,
for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!