Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lady Traveler asks: Writer's Blog...or Writer's Block?

Paris 2014

~God doesn't want us to live in the past
any more than He wanted St. Paul to~


Today my mind is wandering.
Dreaming about past journeys to Belize, Costa Rica,
Sweden, Russia, Greece, 
Israel...on and on.
Thinking about spring and our upcoming road trip to Missouri.
Facebook flashing now and then.
Pondering our autumn road trip to the Florida Keys.
Praying about a mission trip to the Philippines.
And all the while feeling slightly guilty for not
working enough on my latest project, Lady on the Run.

Are there any writers, artists, musicians out there in Lady Traveler blogland
who are wondering if the project you're working on will be as good as your last?
Although I have published a book, Lady and the Sea,
each process -- 
the writing, re-writing, editing, publishing, marketing --
seems a bit overwhelming to me now.
Is it because I'm turning seventy next year and 
my time is of greater value to me?

Istanbul 2008

I'll be honest,
I'm not looking forward to all the hours needed to research
finding the right editor, deciding which way to go in the publishing field.
And then there's the marketing.
Is there anyone out there who is experiencing these same feelings?

I'm thinking about publishing one chapter a week of
Lady on the Run
on my Lady Traveler Blog.
Nine chapters in nine weeks.
There. Done.
Just like the musicians who post their songs on YouTube.
Right?

Belize 2010

I know, I know.
I must pray.
For guidance, wisdom, patience.
I know, I know.

Oh, great.
I just read an article on a writer's blog with a warning:
Don't whine and complain about the writing process on your blog
incase a publisher might read it.
Yeah, I'm sure a publishing house is going to
read my blog.
(laughing out loud)

In the world's scheme of things,
Lady on the Run
is not so important.
BUT
if God called me to finish His story,
then I must.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks for praying.

Coffee always helps!
Until next time
I wish you oceans of Easter blessings!

I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Philippians 3:12


www.sharonleaf.com

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!