Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lady Traveler's ideas on Reading, Writing, Traveling versus Relationships

Paris is always a good idea ~ Audrey Hepburn


Wake up, Sharon!
You're not in Paris anymore.
There's work to be done.
A book to finish...
Lady on the Run
"How to run your physical race and your spiritual race--at your own pace"
I was an avid runner in the 70's, taught a running class, and I'm writing a book about my journey.
Lady on the Run
Me and My 90-year-old mentor and friend, Mary in 2013
at her home in Morro Bay.
We ran a 1/2 marathon together in the late '70's

... A conference to prepare for.
And, oh yes, the book club next week.

Book signing at "Living Real Conference" March 2015
Book Club March 2015


Business cards, flyers, poster, pens, Square, etc.

Yes, the almost-famous author has a full schedule.
But when it comes down to it,
what is really important in life?
You have it right.
Relationships.
With God.
With family.
With friends.
My true friend, Debbie Kreitzer,
Laguna Beach, CA 2007
There is no 'distance barrier' with
God, family, or friends.
Although Debbie went to heaven almost two months ago,
I can still hear her whispering in my ear,
"It is what it is."
"Get over it."
Thanks, Debbie, I needed that.
Confession: 
When I can't hear her voice in my ear,
I listen to a Voicemail she left me when she was
still able to talk.
I cry from the pain of missing her in 'real time.'

Whatever your passion--
writing, traveling, painting, photography, singing,
gardening, cleaning house, reaching out to help someone--
remember to take time for those
special people in your life.

To know someone here or there with whom 
you feel there is an understanding
in spite of distance or thoughts expressed --
that can make of this earth a garden.

Wherever you travel,
I wish you oceans of moments with God,
with family,
and friends.


All sunshine and sovereign is God,
generous in gifts and glory.
Psalm 84:10

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!