Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Days

A spring day in the country


It's been a while since I've blogged so I'll jot down a few random thoughts that have been going through my mind over the past week.

At every crossroad, follow your dream. It is courageous to let your heart lead the way.

I have to remind myself of this message every time I have to make a major decision. I ponder, pray, then pursue. No looking back. No regrets. The decision to follow my dream has been made. I get the feeling that you, my special reader, may be at a crossroad too. Let me remind you that our lives are valuable, no matter who we are (I'm preachin' to me too!) Once we convince ourselves of this, we can continue our journey with great expectations. I'm not a practicing life coach, pastor, or counselor, but I have done a lot of observing over the last sixty-five years and I have witnessed dreams coming true. One example: my favorite California friend recently started her own catering business and she is doing fantastic! No advertising necessary--word-of-mouth about her delicious desserts says it all!

I heard it said many years ago that whatever is taking place in the natural is also taking place in the spirit. When I observe the natural disasters that are taking place throughout the Midwest and beyond, I say, God, something is happening in the spiritual realm! Give me ears to hear, Lord. We must all prepare for the coming days, both physically and spiritually. We all have ears to hear God speak to us, if we take the time. Then simply trust and obey.

June is a busy month--Father's Day, Graduation, proms, June weddings, birthdays, vacations--fun in the sun! As we look forward to these events, let's be thankful for those who can share these special occasions with us. The longer I live, the more I cherish the relationships of those who have chosen to remain in my life. Thank you, each one. You are in my heart.

And remember, follow your dream, your passion, your heart. I have a feeling that you're going to be very surprised where they take you.

Stand at the crossroads and look...ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16 NIV

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

so glad for soulrest
and friendship
and June:)
-Jennifer

Sharon Leaf said...

I love June!
I love Jen!
And a little gin doesn't sound bad either! :)

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!