Friday, March 18, 2011

woRld issues and wRiting

On boaRd the MS Restoration; sailing from Sochi, Russia to Haifa, IsRael ('95)

We are living in trying times. Haiti, Chile, Japan, Libya...on and on. And here we are, each one of us, trying to keep our own little world together. We're determined that our lives will go on as normal, especially for family's sake. We make a point to live in the moment, smell the roses, give extra hugs to our loved ones. We want to make each moment count.

Then there are those moments when guilt tries to creep in. For me anyway. When everything is going so well--almost perfect--I can't help but ask myself, "How can I feel so blessed when there is so much suffering in the world?" That's when I'm reminded of what the Bible says about the seasons of our lives...a time to laugh, a time to cry; a time to live, a time to die....

The publishing of my book dims in the light of the recent disasters. But at the same time, I believe that God gave me those words; they are words of healing and encouragement to those who will one day read them. So I continue--with joy--to pursue my book's journey.

I encourage you to continue with your journey--writing, painting, cooking, care-giving--with joy. Don't feel guilty for your blessed life. Instead, celebrate your life as a gift from above.

May the anointing of the Holy Spirit strengthen you daily to accomplish that which God has called you to do. After all, we are all 'Esthers' in our own way. She was obedient to her calling. So let us be.


...and who knows that you have come to this position for such a time as this? Esther 4:11

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

so good, Sharon.
Gratitude is powerful
and joy is fierce
and living with a wide open heart
is worship and why we're here.
Open to the pain and the pleasure.
And responsive to both.
I really like the way you put it;
brings clarity and hope.
Thanks, Sharon.
-Jennifer

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!