Wednesday, December 22, 2010

From my house to yours


"Hmmm, do I reely need to go outside?"


What a delight to live in the south at Christmas. 
As I drove through the country this morning
on my way to BacInTyme
I glanced across the pastures and 
saw horses lazily grazing. 
 Most of the trees are bare 
but the Carolina pines stand proud 
in honor of the Christmas season. 
Oh, such a beautiful morning.

To my family, to my friends 
from the west coast to the east coast, 
and beyond, 
to my Grits Gals, 
my Artist's Studio chicks, 
to my fellow writers, to my FaceBook buddies, and to my new radio fans, 
I want to wish y'all a very Merry Christmas!

This is the first year that 
I DID NOT send Christmas cards via snail mail--with no guilt! 
And here I thought I was an old fashioned girl. But as the years go by, 
you will find that some traditions must be postponed indefinitely
for sanity's sake. 
You can pick them up again later if you wish, when the tradition once again becomes a joy, 
not a burden. 
I gave up baking years ago. 
I loved it when the kids were at home, 
but not so much now. 
Then I went through a spell of spending hours upon hours making my Christmas gifts, 
but when I visited friends and asked where my 'macrame' pot hangars were, 
they stuttered, 
...ugh...er...well...
I haven't found the perfect place for it yet. 
 That did it! No more hand-made gifts! 
I'm the first to admit that I'm not Martha Stewart, but pa-leeze! 
Okay, all is forgiven ...'tis the season.

Love is in the air at Christmas. 
Receive it, and pass it on. 
Love is the most important gift you can give someone. 
A hug, a kiss ... well, if not a kiss, 
then give a big smile.

Remember the One 
who gave us the greatest gift of all
The reason for the season:

Jesus + Love = Christmas

See you next year on the radio!


www.sharonleaf.com


No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!