Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn in New York...oops...Fort Mill


May your footsteps set you upon a lifetime journey of love. May you wake each day with His blessings and sleep each night in His keeping. And may you always walk in His tender care.
I'm so happy October is here! Autumn. Fall, when the gentle breezes toss the leaves to and fro. The leaves are falling--that's me: Falling Leaf...get it? Not to be confused with Lead, Leas, Leak (a small sample of the misspelling of such an easy-friendly name). I'm trying to be poetic here. It's been a rough week. That's why I'm a day late in writing this blog. My Dad was in the hospital with double pneumonia, but he's much better today. Still weak, but he's a fighter. Such an inspiration. ~ Then when I went to get my quarterly blood work taken, I almost fainted. I'm such a sissy. Then I remembered my friend who begins her second session of chemo next week. I pulled myself together, started praying for Dad and my friend, and Voila! I didn't pass out. Afterwards, Rob took me to The Flying Biscuit for breakfast--grits and biscuits always cheer me up.
~ Then there was the friend who told a big fat lie about me on her Facebook. She has a way of spinning every word to make her look right. I almost lost it, but instead I took a hundred deep cleansing breaths (I learned that technique from Aunt Eunice), prayed, and decided to suck it up. God (and Eunice) helped me get through this too. And life goes on.
~ I'm learning as I dance through the savvy-sixties the importance of putting every event that happens in my life into perspective. Compared to people losing loved ones, dealing with major illnesses, wars and rumors of wars, my problems aren't much to sneeze at. But when we're going through them, it's kind of nice to have someone around to say, "God bless you!" (Thank you, wherever you are.)
~ And when there is no one around, guess what? Our heavenly Father is there. He not only says, I bless you, but He wipes away our tears. He catches us when we fall. Well now, I've just preached myself happy! I knew there was a deeper reason for writing this blog--sometimes I'm writing to myself--but for those out there in Bloggyville who need a little word of encouragement, read this:
Stand at the crossroads and look...ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16 NIV

The good way to walk is always in love. When in doubt, take the high road. It's not always easy, but that is where the blessings flow. After a hectic week, I'm at peace today. I will endeavor to get some research done (publishers & agents) after I take a walk. After all, it's Autumn!
Oceans of blessings! ('09 photo of my little Autumn garden)

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!