Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter Time, and the livin' in Freezy!



On this cold afternoon, I must think warm thoughts...a cup of hot coffee in my cozy chair as I sit next to a warm fireplace...thinking about my family, and the joy they have given me over the years. ..four grown children, four grandchildren, and one great-grandbaby. We all have our memories, some not so great. But its the time of year for new beginnings, so don't dwell on the depressing, down-trodden times you've been through...instead, focus on those moments that brought a special warmth to your heart. I'm not the best singer, but some of my favorite moments was when I was singing, whether in a small group, in a choir--never solo, heaven forbid--just harmonizing with those who could belt out those high notes that I so wanted to reach but never could due to the low, alto voice that God decided to give me in order to keep me humble. I really believe that if I had had the voice that I dreamed about, I would have had to struggle with pride all my life. Okay, enough of story time. I'll close with this thought: Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. And from Proverbs: "I am guiding you in the way of wisdom, and I am leading you on the right path."
Oceans of blessings, Sharon (Pictures: Jacquie & Destinee; Carrie & Stuart)

1 comment:

DJ said...

What a beautiful picture you paint with your words! Although I do remember on several occasions how you would belt out some of those high notes trying to steal the glory from the other singers!LOL! I love the word from Proverbs you gave today. Keep bloggin.....

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!