Saturday, January 2, 2010

Where is Christmas now?


Ten years ago Rob and I celebrated the 2000 New Year's Millinium in Sweden. We returned home on January 9th, but it brought a sparkle to my eyes as we turned off Pacific Coast Highway and drove down our street in Huntington Beach to see houses still lit up as if it were still Christmas! I think they did it in my honor knowing how much I love the lights of Christmas (smile). ~ Today I took Christmas down. Tomorrow Rob will
store Christmas in the basement. The house looks so bare without Christmas (I still decorate every corner of every room). Since moving to the south on a pond surrounded by trees, it seems natural to keep my winter decor out--ice skates, a snowman, signs that read Let it Snow, and pine trees scattered throughout the house. We always get a few days of snow. Not enough to grumble about, but just enough to go sledding for a few hours. It's going to be 17 degrees tonight... brrrr! ~ Yes, my Christmas decorations will be in the basement, but I will carry the spirit of Christmas in my heart all year. After all, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. And it won't be long before we'll be celebrating another holy day...Easter! Forget all the political correctness and share the LOVE all year long, from Christmas to Easter, from Easter to Christmas....
Oceans of blessings, Sharon (pictures of some of my favorite people: Destinee & Rob; Shawn & half of Frances...oops.)

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!