Friday, January 1, 2010

First Day of a new Decade

Happy first day of 2010, a new decade. A year of new beginnings, a decade full of hope and promise. Look at the glass as half full, not half empty. There are those who have had a challenging year. If you are one of those, perhaps you need to reach out to someone you can trust. Share your heart with someone who has a heart to listen. If you've had a good year, encourage someone. It's not that complicated. Keep life simple. Take a step at a time. You'll be surprised how far you'll go. But don't take them alone. Let God lead you. Trust Him. Share your heart with Him. Keep it simple. He always listens. And He speaks...have ears to hear Him...trust that inner Voice. In case you haven't guessed by now, Jesus has been my best friend for 50+ years. When I find myself on the wrong path--more times than I like to admit-- I never blame Him; it was my doing. And every time I turn to Him and yell, HELP!, I always end up back on the right path. And here I am today, enjoying the journey, step by step. I pray that you are too. One of my favorite Proverbs: Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
Oceans of blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Betty Haskins said...

Sharon, What a blessing you are to so many who will take time to visit your blogg/journal. This is truly an encouragement to me and I thank you for sharing. As I start this new year/decade of my life, I want it to be a time of renewing my soul and discovering once again what a mighty God and Father I have and just how much He loves me. Somes we do get on the wrong path, but knowing that Jesus is there waiting and encouraging us makes a world of difference.
Blessings my friend,
Love you much,
Betty

Brenda Marshall said...

Sharon,

Love your blog, your humor, your insights and of course, Aunt Eunice!

I have had another revelation since our breakfast conversation and will be in touch!

Best,

Brenda Marshall
Women's Initiative Network

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!