Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day



While I'm relaxing on this rainy day in my comfortable home, millions of veterans have fought throughout history to give me this wonderful priveledge. My father was stationed in Korea and Japan for a year during World War II. I remember the void in my life during that year, and the joy that I felt the night he woke me up and I saw his face smiling down at me. Funny, I was only four years old, but I can see his handsome face in my mind's eye as if it were yesterday. Then Mom said, "Okay, kids its time to go back to bed; you'll see your Daddy tomorrow." What's even funnier to me that it wasn't until I was a wife that I realized what she was really saying was, "I want my soldier boy all to myself for a few hours!" (smile) ~ Now our 24-year-old grandson is in the U.S. Air Force, and we pray for him every day. ~ We remember our men and women in uniform throughout the year, but today we choose to honor them across our free nation. God bless you all, and God bless America.
Oceans of blessings, Sharon
(picture of Popcorn in her pj's, lounging in our living room)

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!