Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama Cook!


Today would have been my Mom's 88th birthday. She went to be with the Lord when she was 66, twenty-two years ago. She left a legacy of love and enough memories to last me until we're together again, in heaven. She was a shy southern belle; she had a way of making people laugh; she taught a Sunday school class of 5-year-olds for twenty-five years at Immanuel Southern Baptist church around the corner from our little house in Downey, California. "This is my calling," she told me one night as she cut out colorful leaves for the little darlings to glue on crepe paper. I'm still in awe that she was so committed to those children, but teaching them about Jesus was part of her legacy. 

I'm blessed that God gave me Rob's Mom to love, and she says I'm the daughter she never had...how cool is that! ~ I can't believe I'm blogging two days in a row. If I can write a line or two once a week, I'm doing great. Tomorrow is my monthly writing critique group and Saturday I'm going to an all-day writers workshop. I'm a believer that we should always be learning. ~ At dusk it stopped raining long enough to take Popcorn for a brisk walk. The air was crisp, and we both felt quite frisky after being in the house for two days. I think we're going to have a cold, wet winter, and that's okay because I love every season and try to the make the most of all climate changes. Tonight it will be in the mid 30's, so its 'snuggle' weather.
Oceans of blessings, Sharon 
(Picture: Rob and his Mom at our favorite eatery, IHOP)

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!