Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful time of year, today and always


Here it comes! The busiest time of the year, beginning with Thanksgiving. I love it. Although I miss my California family during the holidays, I'm so happy that our daughter, Carrie, and her boyfriend are coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm writing my dinner menu and ordering the turkey tomorrow, then I'll do the big shopping Monday. Don't I sound organized? My secret: make a list, and check it off as you go. Whether I have four for dinner, or eight like last year, my lists literally save me from forgetting the details (like ordering the turkey!). ~ I'm grateful that my friend Kelly invited me to help her with her Christmas Angel project. Because of the Fort Mill Care Center, the children in our town will have Christmas. There are so many jobless this year, that this is the only way their children will receive toys, clothes, and goodies under the tree. It hit me again: it's one thing to buy a toy and place it it a large box at the market...it's quite another to sit across a table while a father humbly shares what his three children would like for Christmas but he's not able to buy. I was full of emotion as I walked out of a building full of people who were picking up their Thanksgiving dinners. ~ I'm so grateful this Thanksgiving season for my beloved family, wonderful friends, good health, a free country to live in, my working laptop, my cozy bed, my blue sweats, my indoor toilet(s)...the list goes on. I'm sure all of you have a special list too. God is so good, all the time. Thank you, Lord!
Oceans of blessings, Sharon (picture: First Thanksgiving in South Carolina (06) at Mama Leaf's assisted living home).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hej
yes another blogger :) Now when I have read your blog and profile I see that you may live in Calhoun?? and that you have lived i Sweden as well... in Uppsala??
I gonna put you on my bloglist and read more from you... I have an blog myself but mostly in swedish... Hugs to you and God bless you this coming day.. c I thnk your are asleep now this time :)
Ingela

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!