Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas, Christmas time is here...


From the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas abounds at The Leaf Lake House. Every room is filled with trees of all sizes. Snowmen smile from the kitchen as I bake pumpkin bread (the only baking I do, I might add). Santa ho-ho's from the dining room. My ice skate tree adorns the breakfast room (I began collecting these ornaments 4 years ago and now I have a tree full of skates of unique designs). In the living room my 35-year-old nativity scene reflects the true meaning of Christmas. Each morning I turn on all the lights as soon as I pour my first cup of coffee. I love writing my Christmas cards by the fire while I watch one of my favorite Christmas movies. There's more, but I wanted to give you a taste of the holiday season at our house. ~ I spend a lot of time thinking about Christmases past, from when I was a child to when my children were young and waiting for Santa to arrive. I'm blessed to have such wonderful memories. There are those who dread this time of year. For those, I pray for God to touch them and let them know that they are loved. He loves them so much that He gave His Son on that first Christmas Eve. That was the beginning of the most profound love story ever told. May we reach out to those around us who are just waiting to hear the good news!
~ Oceans of blessings, Sharon ~

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!