Saturday, September 26, 2009

Autumn, Writing, Movies...


On a cool, rainy Autumn day such as this, I'm tempted to throw the laptop to the wind and watch Mona Lisa Smile, a perfect Autumn chic flick based in the 50's. But I'm entering the Charlotte Writer's Club's non-fiction short story contest, so I must finish the final edit. One morning during my quiet time, when I asked God if my 90,000-word manuscript I just finished was a waste of time, He gave me Psalm 26:7 "...that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all they wondrous works." Yes, I will publish the works that God has done in my life to encourage women of all ages that your dreams can come true when you let God loose in your lives!
I've been tested this week, was hurt by someone dear to me, again. And once more, I ran to the Lord to comfort my soul. He is my hiding place. There I find solace. I pray for His guidance on how to handle the situation. I'm a peace maker at heart, but there are times when we must confront in love, for the benefit of the other person.
So on it goes, the journey of life. Are you going through something today? If so, where do you run? Let the Holy Spirit minister to you: "Yet the Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." Psalm 37:30a
Oceans of blessings, Sharon

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!