Monday, October 5, 2009

Autumn in the South


Welcome October! Welcome falling leaves of crimson, plum, yellow, orange; pumpkins everywhere--even in my pumpkin spice latte; bails of hay; scarecrows; a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. God's creation couldn't get much better. Saturday we drove north to the Wilksboro Harvest Festival and to Moravian Falls (pictures to follow). ~ Today I'm out running errands in the rain for my 2-week trip to So-Cal/Utah, but I had to stop at my favorite hang-out, BacInTyme, for a quick bite to eat and to finish this blog before leaving on a jet plane early tomorrow morning. I always miss Rob & Popcorn when I go on these trips, but it's comforting to know that they have each other until I return. I can't wait to spend some time with my collegient (sp?) granddaughter. Then very early Thursday morning Jacquie and I are off to Zion National Park to visit Dad and to have some good ol' mother/daughter time. I realize more and more that the older I get, the more precious each moment is. Speaking of old, I cannot seem to find Aunt Eunice. I think she's on another one of her excursions, but I'm sure she'll drop a line when she returns. ~ I'll be carrying my Acer laptop with me, along with my handy little IPhone, so feel free to drop me a line. Oceans of blessings, Sharon

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!