Friday, June 19, 2009

My Happy Place


I have returned home from a whirlwind 2-week vacation in Southern California. Having now lived in South Carolina for 3 years, I forgot what a fast-paced life I had led for so many years. The first time I tried to ease on to the 5 Freeway, I was quickly reminded of the So-Cal survival motto: drive defensively & be agressive! That's hard for a southern belle like me, but I gave it my best shot, and survived. Reunion of family & friends is always nice, but my most fun was spending time with my 17-year-old granddaughter, Destinee. "Let's go shopping Grams!" was her motto. The first time we hopped in her car & headed for the nearest freeway, she darted into the fastlane and announced, "Yipeee, I get to drive in the carpool lane!" That did it...I closed my eyes, tried to find my happy place, and said a little prayer for me. Seriously, Destinee's a good driver; I just forgot how it was to be 17 & trying to fight the L.A. traffic.
~ Now that I'm home in peaceful Fort Mill, I must glue myself to my writing desk (now, where is it again? Oh, there it is, in my office where I left it). ~ Aunt Eunice will be giving some hot summer tips, so be on the look-out for her at the lake--she's the lady with the one-piece swimsuit down to her ankles--thank God!
Oceans of blessing, Sharon (Silly girls, daughter Jacquie, granddaughter Destinee)

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!