Sunday, May 31, 2009

When you pass through the waters...

We all have our fears, some big, some small.
 There are the inward fears that no one else knows about unless a certain incident forces it to surface--then your caught! 
Like the times when I spent summers at Shaver Lake (CA). 
I was fine clinging to the rubber raft, and I felt safe water-skiing with the 
orange life jacket securely fastened around me. 
But after my husband and I agreed to volunteer on a WWII ship for a year (in '94)
I stood in front of our large wall map of the world,
 stared at the Atlantic Ocean and gasped, 
"Why me, God? What did I do to deserve this?" 
We were going to sail 25,000 nautical miles on an old vessell, and I didn't know how to swim! 
So what did I do?
 I grabbed my Bible and opened to Isaiah 43:2: 
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, 
they shall not overflow..." 
God did it again--He gave me a scripture to calm my soul.

Yes, I overcame my fear of water by sailing the seven seas. 
I'll tell you about that later.
 But now I ask, what are you fearing today? 
Has God given you a verse to help you overcome that fear?
Z If not, He will.

I'll close now and leave room for Aunt Eunice. My, she's a gabber!

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!