Whether traveling around the world or around the block, there's lots to learn about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness on our journey , so lets dive into a new ocean together!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

When you pass through the waters...

We all have our fears, some big, some small.
 There are the inward fears that no one else knows about unless a certain incident forces it to surface--then your caught! 
Like the times when I spent summers at Shaver Lake (CA). 
I was fine clinging to the rubber raft, and I felt safe water-skiing with the 
orange life jacket securely fastened around me. 
But after my husband and I agreed to volunteer on a WWII ship for a year (in '94)
I stood in front of our large wall map of the world,
 stared at the Atlantic Ocean and gasped, 
"Why me, God? What did I do to deserve this?" 
We were going to sail 25,000 nautical miles on an old vessell, and I didn't know how to swim! 
So what did I do?
 I grabbed my Bible and opened to Isaiah 43:2: 
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, 
they shall not overflow..." 
God did it again--He gave me a scripture to calm my soul.

Yes, I overcame my fear of water by sailing the seven seas. 
I'll tell you about that later.
 But now I ask, what are you fearing today? 
Has God given you a verse to help you overcome that fear?
Z If not, He will.

I'll close now and leave room for Aunt Eunice. My, she's a gabber!

No comments: