Friday, October 28, 2022

Unity in our Community

 Unity in our Community



Some of our Boardwalk Babes!


I only have less than an hour to write this blog,

so I'm just going to cut to the chase and copy and paste what I wrote on 

Facebook and our "Boardwalk Babes" group a few minutes ago.

I'm so proud and thankful for our little community.

Read on:

10/27/22: The Boardwalk Babes had another wonderful Thursday eve "Faith, Fitness & Friendship" gathering. We all agreed how thankful we are to be living in a community that 'reaches out' to each other in times of need. I won't mention names, but each one of us can be used by God to encourage and help those around us. After all, we are His hands and feet down here. He tells us what to do, and we obey. That's what makes our community special. No hard feelings, no harsh words or 'grumpy' looks...just a wave and a smile will do!
We closed in prayer for our family and friends, our community, and our nation.
 
"Unity for our community!"


This says it all. God wants to do a mighty work in our family, friends, community, our nation ... BUT He needs our hands and feet to do the work!
Are we ready? I pray that I am. Each morning my simple prayer is:
"Lord, let me be a blessing, not a curse, to those around me."
I'm not perfect, but who is? If you think you are, then you just blew it!

Our time is at hand. At 76, I want every day to count,
only if I spend time praying for those around me.

I love my neighbors. I feel blessed to know each one.
We're all different, but we can learn from each other if we allow the time.

October is almost over and November brings lots of thankful days.

Now I must go ... my Robinski awaits to haul me off into the sunset!


This verse popped out on my daily verse:

"And now abide faith, hope, love,
these three;
but the greatest of these is LOVE.
I Corinthians 13:13








No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!