Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Summertime, and the living is ... Easier

(UPDATE ON my BROTHER JOHN AT BOTTOM OF PAGE)

"Summertime 2021, and the living is ... Easier"



View from our back patio


This summer is going to be much easier than last year 

when we were in the middle of the Covid19 pandemic.

Have we learned from this un-announced experience?

I hope so.

I know I value my family, friendships, and FREEDOM a lot more.


Do you have any summer plans?

Robinski and I spent our Spring painting, remodeling, and adding new flooring

in The Man Cave, Lady Leaf's Lounge, and our master bedroom

while I was doing physical therapy for my lower back, right hip and leg.

Walls were dark brown, now a lovely sea mist (photo doesn't do it justice)


I got my barn door!


We moved our bathroom sink outdoors, Rob painted, and Wa-la!


So, this summer we are staying home by the lake,

inviting fam and friends to drop by.

My brother John and Ger are flying in tomorrow night from Utah and I can't wait!

John is my inspiration as he battles stage4 stomach cancer.

As for me, I'm in the midst of taking more blood tests,

a liver ultrasound, and all that goes with this unknown procedure,

plus a third mammogram due to a 'shadow' on right bosom.

I admit I'm still in a bit of shock at the diagnosis since I've always been quite healthy.

But the bottom line:

I'm in God's precious hands 

and my wonderful Robinski is taking good care of me.

I am asking for prayer because I know

prayer works in more ways than we can imagine.

One of my favorite verses is Colossians 3:17:

And whatever you do in word or deed,

do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,

giving thanks to God the Father through Him.


Lady Traveler is wishing you oceans of summer blessings, and remember to

keep reading and keep those bodies moving!


4/22 Update:  My liver is great, my breast is perfect, and my back still aches, but I'm alive!

My precious brother John went to heaven on March 25 2022.  We were able to drive to Utah in time to give him some hugs, kisses, and to say, "good-bye, see you in heaven."  I'm thankful to Jesus for that.  I miss him every day.  Our phone conversations were a lifeline to our family, our love for Jesus, and ... on and on ....


 www.amazon.com/author/www.sharonleaf.com

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!