Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Aunt Eunice visits Lady Traveler





When someone knocks on your door,
make sure you look through the peep hole before opening.




Don't get me wrong.
I love my Aunt Eunice.
But did she have to visit me
unannounced?
right when the Coronavirus hit?
"I took the wrong turn" was her excuse.
Then there was the 'shutdown'
So she couldn't GO home.
Aunt Eunice just smiled.
"That's okay, I'll just hang out here."
What?  How am I going to entertain my crazy aunt?
"Oh, don't worry about me, darlin'
We'll manage somehow.
Let's go fishin'!"

Aunt Eunice
Miss South Carolina 1946
I actually enjoyed our quarantined time together.
She reminded me of all her natural beauty secrets.
"Vaseline every night on that purtee face of yours."

Now, days later ... riots are everywhere!
Has our 'nation under God' gone mad?
Has our world gone crazy?
I'm avoiding most news.
Instead I continue to turn my eyes upon Jesus.


I would like to travel light on this journey of life,
to get rid of the encumbrances I acquire each day ...
I come to be only as I lose myself.
Madeline Engle


In the midst of all this madness,
I finished my book!!!
Lady on the Run 
has a beautiful book cover (thank you Sharla Wailes!)
Lady on the Run
is being formatted as I write.
It's a prequel to Lady and the Sea.
So the next few days will be a little crazy for me,
but I shall take it one step at a time.

In the meantime, you can order my book
Lady and the Sea
A Novel Based on a True Story
on Amazon.com


I zoomed my local Word Weavers meeting last night.
Most writers experience the same highs and lows,
so we encourage each other to stay faithful to their writing.
Some writers are new in the field and I can relate to them.
I was a novice writer many years ago.
Today at 74, I'm just a cesspool of knowledge,
but I'm still learning from
writers and authors who are much more
dedicated than I.
Ok, I admit that I get side-cracked in my daily life
so the words stay in my head longer than than those
who are dedicated to write every day. To you,
I salute you!

Hopefully by my next blog I will introduce my novel,
Lady on the Run
A Novel Based on a True Story
I love this book because I experienced the journey of
Rosie firsthand.
But that's all I'll say for now.
I must go vote, then go to Walmart!

I encourage you to continue on your path that
God has prepared for you.
I wish you oceans of peaceful and serene moments!


I'll stride through wide open spaces as I look for Your truth and Your wisdom.
Psalm 119:45

Sharon Myrtle Beach SC Summer of 2014






No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!