Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas


White Christmas

Our Fort Mill SC yard 2007

I must drop by to say hello and Merry Christmas to my bloggy buddy friends!
This is a busy time of year decking the halls with boughes of holly!
I decorated early this year to get a head start on the
Christmas season.

I just finished writing a magazine article for the summer so
 I had to pretend I was sweating while writing.
Actually, I have my fireplace going in my office.

What are you planning for Christmas? New Years?

Thanks to the China/Corona Virus, we're still practicing 'social distancing.' 
So, will you be hanging with family and friends?
If you're alone, what do you do ... go to a movie? (I think they're still closed),
eat out alone? (are local restaurants even open?)
Invite friends over? (will they have to wear masks?)
2020 brought us into a very challenging era, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

When we lived abroad for several Christmases
I firmly decided that I would not get homesick for my family
back home in California.
It worked for an hour or two.
Then I would cry.
That always seemed to help.

Now I'm blessed to have part of my family nearby.

but this will be our first Christmas without our beloved Popcorn.
She was part of our life for twelve joy-filled years
and we miss her every day.
Thankfully at the ripe old age of 15 she has no more pain and is 
playing with her furry friends somewhere in the heavenlies.

Let's not take our family and friends for granted.
Instead, take this time of year to express
our love to those near to us.

Now it's time to go outside for a cold evening walk.

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season ...
You are never alone because He is with you wherever you travel.

... and remember, whether near or far,
keep reading and keep that body movin'!

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!