Thursday, February 14, 2019

Simplify means Slower

Simplify means SloweR

Just another day in paradise ... in our backyard

I'm finding that when I slow down a bit,
I actually get more done.
I spend time in the morning
sipping my coffee, talking to God,
and making my mental to-do plan.
Through the years I've learned to be flexible.
Why?
Because I know that somewhere between
morning coffee and bedtime
God will invite me to step into His story.
I've learned that His story is always better than mine.

Morning coffee at Hemingway's Restaurant at
Bass Pro Headquarters in Springfield, MO


Don't get me wrong ... this RED (Retired-Extremely-Daring) hasn't always been all that flexible.
I like things my way.
Who doesn't?
But after a few minutes, I give in to God.
I sigh.  He smiles.
And we walk together hand in hand,
fulfilling another success story.

I know I'm a simple person,
and I'm simply okay with that.
I am who I am.
In my travels, whenever I compare myself to someone else who has
accomplished great and mighty things in their lives,
I become gloomy and self-critical ...  you know what I'm talkin' about
because you often feel the same.
My advise.  Don't compare.
Run the race that is set before you
Run--or walk--at your own pace.
The results?  Happy feet!
Happy heart!
Happy life!

I'm simply happy with my family, daughter Jacquie and son Shawn here in the south.
(my recent 73rd birthday celebration)

Author Hallee Bridgeman invited me for an interview on her blog.
You can read all about this RED on 
www.halleebridgeman.com/interview-with-sharon-leaf-and-a-giveaway/

Until next time
I wish you oceans of simple blessings!







1 comment:

Jessica Zara said...

Thanks for sharing this great post. I feel very happy to see your post. Keep it up I want also visit UK on Business visitor visa UK please pray for me.

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!