Tuesday, February 26, 2019

pRepaRing to tRavel to ...

pRepaRing to tRavel to ...

The view never gets old.
I've downsized. I've simplified.
Now I'm Ready ... to Travel.
Next week I'll be taking a shoRt Trip to
the CaRolina ChRistian wRiteRs ConfeRence in
SpaRtanburg, South CaRolina.
I love spending time with fellow wRiters
and listening to talented, gifted authoRs, editoRs, and otheR
renowned guest speakeRs.

Lady's Loft ... my office. My  iMac is behind closed shutters.
Artwork, books, photos ... all my dear-to-my-heart treasures.
I'm enjoying each and every day for what it has given me.
The lazy, balmy ones,
sunny and waRming to the heaRt and soul.
And oh, the cold, rainy, windy ones
that cause my body to shiver
when I step outside to walk little Miss PRincess PopcoRn 
on the boaRdwalk by the lake.
It's on those 30-degree days that I welcome
the warmth of our cozy condo.

These past weeks have given me much to warm my heart.
Having our son Shawn here for three days lit a fiRe inside me
that has kept me peaceful and somewhat melancholy.
I have many memories to cheRish until we're together again.
Thank you, LoRd, for giving me a very special birthday gift.

I always look forward to the times I can spend with daughteR Jacquie.
She drops by whenever she can,
for hot tea and hot conveRsation.
They're in the midst of building a house.
(Oh, the patience they have shown during this process).

Makes my heart happy to see my book in the Lexington Library
(it was checked out the next day)

Knowing daughter CaRRie (in North Carolina)
and son Jason (in SoutheRn CalifoRnia and Spain)
are happy and doing well
keeps the ambeRs glowing.

Yes, I'm a blessed lady,
thankful to God for allowing me to live anotheR day.

So, what can I give back?
A smile at the marRket.
A hug to a neighboR.
A phone call to a fRiend.
An encouRaging word to someone who is
waiting for good...or disappointing...news.

After reading what authoR/fRiend StaRR(light) AyeRs
shared about me in her inteRview with me yesterday,
I Realized once more how blessed I am to be living my life in full technicoloR!
Please Read when you have a few minutes:


And the peace of God,
which passes all undeRstanding,
shall keep your heaRts and minds
thRough Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6

I wish you oceans of daily blessings!

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!