Saturday, April 8, 2017

Lady Traveler's Travel Tips wherever you may wander

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money,
Then take half the clothes and twice the money.

One of my favorite summer shirts you'll see in many of my RV travels
(Kentucky Lakes, Kentucky 2016)
There are hundreds of websites, U-tubes, and such
that focus on various travel topics.
but I thought I'd share a few of my own personal thoughts to make
packing a little more personal.
Today I'll write about wardrobe tips for your upcoming summer trips.

When packing clothing for a long or short trip,
take a look at what you packed, then cut it in half.
I promise you won't wear half of what you packed so no need to
add work to the process.
When there is climate changes involved, packing can be a bit more challenging.

A favorite t-shirt-- wash-N-wear items to throw in the washer-dryer in our 40' motor home
(Aspen, Colorado 2016)
We drove our motor home to California last September,
so shorts, a few of my favorite t-shirts, and my favorite pair of 'safe' sandals
were my priority wardrobe.
Fortunately, the weather was warm and beautiful on our 6,000 mile, 2-month journey.
(In colder weather I pack a sweater, a pair of jeans,
and a pair of boots incase the weather turns cool).

The most important thing to wear everywhere is your
SMILE!
Your smile will outshine anything you will wear.
So don't forget to pack it!

See? I wear the same t-shirts over and over and over.
 (in Zion, Utah)
My only piece of luggage when traveling international to warm countries such as
Belize and Costa Rica is my faithful backpack on wheels.
For cooler countries, such as Paris, London, or Scandinavia,
I roll everything in a carry-on, take a large purse, dress in layers,
carry my coat on the plane, and wear my boots.
Look for websites and u-tubes for packing information.

My very favorite shirt; I wear it everywhere.
I love Paris! (2014)
I wear and pack very little make-up.
I use facial wipes to cleanse face every night,
smear on lots of lotion, and drink gallons of water.
We love to eat at local restaurants in every town and country,
so I keep my Isagenix shakes and vitamins nearby to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I love Paris when I eat!
(Dreyer Island, SC)
So whether you love to travel,
enjoy watching TV travel programs,
or just enjoy reading about traveling on blogs, hopefully mine,
I'm happy to have you on board.

We'll soon be heading to the beach for two weeks.
I'm looking forward to relaxing days of reading, wRiting, walking, blogging,
eating, swimming, meeting new friends ... sound fun?
Please come along!
You can find more about my travels on my website
www.sharonleaf.com

A few more important tips:
#1: Before we leave our house, we call our local police department.
They'll drive by our house several times a day or night, at random times.
#2:  We contact our local post office to hold our mail.
#3:  We have a trustworthy neighbor that keeps an eye on our home.
Now, we're off to a great start!


You gave me life and showed me kindness,
and in your providence watched over my spirit.
Job 10:12

Whether you travel around the world or around your block,
I wish you oceans of travel blessings!

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!