Sunday, April 9, 2017

Lady Traveler's thoughts on Palm Sunday

For God so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten Son.
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
Not all roads lead to heaven.

Easter is the time to remember and celebrate
the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Oh, happy day, Oh happy day,
when Jesus washed my sins away.
(love that song!)

When I recently read an article on Facebook
about Universal Christianity* I felt both anger and sadness.
The article compelled me to write this blog because the Bible warns us that
in the last days many will be deceived, even the very elect.
Don't become another statistic to fall for such lies.
oops ... did I step on someone's toes?
Well, come along for the ride anyway.
It might get a little bumpy but it'll worth the trip.


Jesus said,
"I am the way the truth and the life.
No man comes to the Father but by me."
John 14:6

"For the Son of man came to seek and save those who are lost."
Luke 19:10


Good deeds are good, but not enough to get anyone to heaven.
There is only one way:

"Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin."
Hebrews 9:22

Jesus said,
"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life,
that I might take it again.
No man takes my life from me,
but I lay it down myself.
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again."
John 10:17-18

Jesus said,
"Thou could have no power at all against me,
except it were given you from above: 
therefore, he that delivered me unto you has the greater sin."
John 19:10


For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all,
to be testified in due time.
I Timothy 2:5-6


During this Easter season take time to read the gospel of John (new testament) and 
you will read Jesus' loving and lifesaving words to you and to me.

As you study the Bible, remember to keep the gospel simple.
Don't be deceived by Universal Christianity.
Jesus loves you.  He chose to die on the cross for us so we can have eternal life.
It is our choice to come to him. 


Jesus said,
In my Father's house are many mansions ...
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:2-3

Jesus is coming again soon.


~I wish you oceans of wise choices~



www.sharonleaf.com

My 72nd-year photo

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!