Sunday, February 12, 2017

Lady Traveler, the Almost-famous Author, takes on Idols, and such.

"Lady Traveler takes on Idols, and such"


Backyard pond

Life is what we are alive to.
It is not length but breadth...
Be alive to goodness, kindness, purity, love, history, poetry, flowers, stars,
God, and eternal hope.


This afternoon as I was sitting on my sun deck, 
watching the clouds roll by and the trees dancing in the wind, 
I was at peace with the world before we head to Alabama and Florida next week.
But how can I be at peace after watching the morning news? 
The world seems to be falling apart around me.

God assured me that it wasn't.
However, there are millions of people falling apart.
And there are reasons.  Some logical.  Some not.
And that is my concern.  
disclaimer:  this is not a political blog.
I'm a smart, but simple person.
Mistakes, I've made a few (thousand).  
Thankfully, I've had enough common sense to get me through these past 
seventy-one years.

That's it!
I'm pondering all of these thoughts because I'm not a young chick anymore.
Time is flying!
So these thoughts are coming to me from the right and from the left.
(no pun intended)
Don't worry, I'm not going to share them all.  Not today.
And I'm not going to preach to you.  Not today.

All of these award shows...SAG Awards...Grammy Awards (tonight)...Oscar Awards.
I believe in awards, I watch them, but puleeeez!
Then there's the Super Bowl.  And the super models.  
And the politicians.  Right and left.  Good and bad.
I bet you can name a few too.

Millions of people, some who don't even realize it, worship the above as their gods. 
We (I include myself because I adored Elvis...still do) place them high upon pedestals and 
choose to believe whatever they tell us.  
We don't need to think for ourselves.  Let the gods do it for us.

But why?
  
Okay, I don't want to get too carried away on this lovely day 
but it popped into my head as a little bird flew by, what might be the reason.

God created us to worship.
Worship is part of our DNA.  
Trouble is, we worship the wrong gods.
He created us to worship Him, the true and living God.  
Our carnal nature, our flesh, wants to worship man.  
Our spirit man* is created to worship God
(okay, I better include *woman or else I'll get lots of hate mail from my fellow sisterhood, 
and that's the last thing I need in my golden years)

Since God didn't create us to be robots, 
we have a choice of who we choose to worship.
Lady Ga-Ga, Meryl Streep, Tom Brady. Elvis.
The Almost-famous Author (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I don't know about you, but I choose to go to Jesus with my problems, 
and other personal matters.  
I stay close to Him, listen to Him, and worship Him
because there is way too much foolishness going on in the world 
that can cause me confusion and stress,
which I definitely do not need in my golden years!

Lady Traveler, the Almost-famous Author
on the road in her Golden Years.
stress-free, somewhere in Zion, Utah
California Trip 2017
I'll close with this simple scripture.
I pray that you will make the right decisions in your life that will
 bring you a good and joyful life.


See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil. 
In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, 
to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgements, 
that thou may live and multiply: 
and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goes to possess it.
Deuteronomy 30:15-16

I wish you oceans of wise decisions for the coming year!


No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!