Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lady Traveler Fever

Lake Michigan @ Silver Lake Park sand dunes 2016

Anything, everything, little or big
becomes an adventure
when the right person shares it.

I'm sitting in my living room, sipping water and taking my morning vitamins,
daydreaming of our past road trips, 
and planning for our next big road trip to California.
Rob walks in from our screened porch and notices that familiar look on my face.
"Where are you now? Here? Myrtle Beach? Lake Michigan? California?"
"All of the above. I feel that vagabond spirit coming over me."
"And I can see it. I have an idea.
Why don't we go to Dreyer Island next week for a few days?"
Yes!

Upon returning home a few weeks ago, we decided to stay home for the summer.
The decision sounded good at the moment.
Traveling in our home-on-wheels three weeks after my knee replacement surgery
was the perfect Physical Therapy for me.
But now, the thought of lounging around our home for two months,
sitting in our screened porch in the evenings 
while thunder storms surround us.
Ahh, nothing could be finah
than to be in Carolina...

Daydreaming in Springfield, Missouri 2015
Shawn Watson Photography

That lasted until mid-July.
Hot July. Hotter August on the way.

Now we shall pack a few items,
and off we'll go,
just an hour north on Lake Murray,
to Dreyer Island.

Everywhere I go people say to me,
"I wish I could travel like you."
Last week at a writers conference
I met a woman face-to-face that 
friended me on Facebook.
Smiling, she told me,
"When I grow up I want to be just like you."
Smiling, I simply answered,
"We never know where our journey will take us.
We must learn to be happy right where we are.
We must be happy with who we are.
Then we can enjoy our journey
wherever it takes us."

Dreaming of Myrtle Beach, SC
God has given each of us a unique journey.
Through good times and challenges
your journey will change you, and will influence those around you,
even those you have never met face-to-face.

Always take a moment to encourage those who seem lost,
or someone who just might need a hug.

Now Popcorn must take me for my morning walk,
which is part of my PT.

I wish you oceans of cool summer blessings!

Share each other's burdens,
and in this way
obey the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Happy wheels to you two as you journey along:)
Looks like home on the road agrees with you, Sharon.
So many stories to dig up and share.
I enjoy the view from your window,
Jennifer

Sharon Leaf said...

Jennifer, traveling in an RV was never in our plans, but God had this journey ready and waiting for us. I have learned to stay flexible, even in my golden years. We never know what tomorrow brings, so we must live each day with joy and anticipation, no matter what the circumstances. And who knows better than you, my wise friend. You are such an encouragement to so many people. Keep writing, painting, and living! I wish you oceans of blessings on your journey.

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!