Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Aunt Eunice the Traveler

Sharon's Aunt Eunice

Hi Y'all!  If your wonderin' where my niece, Shaaren is, 
I'd be happy to tell you, but I don't know myself.  
It's summer, so she takes this time to wander around here and there.  

That's why I decided to post this short blog for her.  I'm sure she won't mind.  I hope.

I'm thrilled beyond recognition that Shaaren and that husband of hers ... 
... whats his name ... 
Jesse, Robinski ... oh yeah!  Robin, er Rob.  
Anyway, I'm thrilled that they finally broke down and purchased one of those 
homes on wheels ... 
... what do they call em?  Engine houses?  
Oh yeah, motor homes.

I thought since they weren't going to use it for the next few weeks that
 I would borrow it and 
take my longtime friend, Betty White, on a trip across America, 
like Oprah and her best friend Gail did a few years ago.  
Well, when I mentioned it to them, they looked at each other 
with a look of fear that I hadn't seen since 
that skunk ran across their backyard last year.

Resti2 in background; 'Rent-A-Ride-Across-America' in foreground
"Honey, I don't think you can drive that big thing," Sharon said gently.  
Rob added loudly, "You will not drive that big thing!"  
And that was that.  
I learned a long time ago that you can't argue with these youngins, 
so I quietly made my exit,
 took a taxi down the road to "Rent a Ride Across America" and rented one!
  
Me and Betty will be headin' out next week.  
If I have time I'll write you a post card, or a letter, or what do they call that new technology?  
Oh yes ... or a tweeter!

Bye for now y'all and Happy Summertime!

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!