Monday, December 30, 2013

Traveling towards New Beginnings

From our house, to yours...
Happy New Year 2014!

Christmas is over but the Christmas spirit remains in our home.  I don't start taking down Christmas decorations until January 2nd.  The wonderful part is that I keep my winter decorations out until February...ice skate tree, ice skates all over the house; "Let it Snow" plaques; snowmen sprinkled here and there, and all items that sparkle.  These symbols warm my heart on cold winter days.  Call me silly, but I've been called worse.

New Year's resolutions?  I don't make them.  However, I will attempt to write more (finish "Lady on the Run"), eat less, love more, exercise more, read more.  And so the list goes.  I'm sure you will be attempting some of these too.  And while we attempt, with God's help and some deep discipline, let us not forget to reach out to help others, and to enjoy life.

I wish you a very happy blessed New Year and oceans of blessings!
And remember ...

You cannot discover new oceans 
until you are willing
 to lose sight of your familiar shore.

Photo by The Hobo's Photos 2013




7 comments:

Sonia Marsh/Gutsy Living said...

Sharon,I feel everything should be organized on January 1st, and it never is.
I wish you a wonderful 2014,and like you, I'd like to read more and write more.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Brave, bold beginnings to you,
friend....hope this next voyage
around the sun is your
sweetest so far:)
-Jennifer

simplewithsyd said...

Smiles...a New Year IN HIM! Oh yeah.

I like what you wrote and thought....if we reach out to others, we WILL know His joy.

Love to you!

Sharon Leaf said...

Sonia, I did begin packing my Christmas decorations today in between watching the South Carolina Gamecocks game (BTW: they won!)
Jennifer, I'm already planning my next voyages: a mission trip, then off to Paris!
Sydney, life is about loving and serving.
Many blessings to you, my fearless friends!

simplewithsyd said...

Mission to where? :)

marian beaman said...

Hello, Sharon. You commented most favorably on my gutsy story set in Ukraine, so I have followed you to your blog. I love that you combine your travels tales with Christian beliefs.

I am a Pennsylvania Mennonite transplanted to Florida now visiting my husband Cliff's relatives in Washington state. At the moment, we are ready to travel to Kellogg, Idaho in search of a snow adventure!

Sharon Leaf said...

Hi Marian! We were recently in WA state (Puget Sound). Please 'follow' my blog so we can stay connected. BTW: I voted for your story.
I wish you safe travels and oceans of blessings.
Sydney, we don't know where our mission trip will take us yet; waiting on God's direction.

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!