Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This Christmas, I'm a Stay-at-home Traveler


Christmas at the Leaf's
beLeaf in your dreams

For unto us a child is born ...
A Savior ...
Christ the Lord!


Christmas is my favorite time of year, especially if it snows like it did several years ago when we lived in Fort Mill, SC.  Snow or no snow, it is very cold, windy, and rainy, with a touch of sleet and snow flurries, creating a holiday atmosphere in our small southern town.  I'm more than content to stay at home around the fireside and celebrate Christmas with loved ones.

I feel blessed to have more family members close by.  Our daughter's mother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece, and their three dogs moved to Lexington last month.  New homes, new beginnings.  Of course I would love the rest of the fam to join us, but I leave that in God's hands.  

It's not even New Year's yet and I'm already looking forward to a new year to focus more on my writing.  I have a book to finish (Lady on the Run); today I registered for the Writer's Advance Boot Camp at The Cove in Asheville, NC in February; I've been asked to share my book, Lady and the Sea, at The Golden Hills Garden Club.  And that doesn't even touch on all the family events, church activities, and friend gatherings.  And I think Rob has a big Christmas gift surprise for me up his sleeve (a trip to Paris?  Israel?).  Yep, that's what retirement is all about.  Enjoying life and serving God.

A few of my favorite things ...
Me and Teri (Jacquie's mom-in-law)
enjoying the snow at Riverbank Zoo
December 2013

All I want for Christmas is
little 'Popcorn'

Jacquie, Destiny and me at
The Riverbank Zoo
Christmas 2013

My ice skate tree

The love of my life
Istanbul 2008

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas 
and oceans of blessings for the New Year

Order Lady and the Sea for the readers on your Christmas List!

4 comments:

Julie Hanson said...

This Cali girl is seriously dreaming of a home on some warm island...Belize, Hawaii, somewhere warm and beauitful where I can wear shorts and flip flops year round! Have a blessed Christmas and new year!

simplewithsyd said...

Staying at a home is a place to visit too...smiles.

Love to you!

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us...
Deut 29:29

Jennifer Richardson said...

I miss being in your lovely home
surrounded by your ice skates
and love
and hospitality
and wonderful eye for color
and design.
I hope it's the most wonderful,
beautiful, magical Christmas
you've ever known.
Thanks for all the ways
you've made my life lighter
and brighter
this year.
Love, joy and grace to you,
Jennifer

Sharon Leaf said...

Julie, Belize is a touch of heaven on earth. Sydney, my home is my haven on earth.
Jennifer, friends like you are always welcome in my haven!
Merry Christmas to all!

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!