Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lady Traveler sight-sees in Savannah

Oldest oak tree in Savannah
I can hear Ray Charles singing that old sweet song, "Georgia" as we make our way down Interstate-95, heading for Savannah.  This is our second visit since moving to South Carolina seven years ago, and I make a mental note that we must return every year.  Savannah is my favorite southern town, so I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our twenty-fifth anniversary.  If you have been to Savannah, then you know what I'm talkin' about.

Rob and I feasted on scrumptious shrimp and grits, low country boil, prime rib ... well, you get the picture.
Crab-filled sauteed mushroomies
We took a carriage ride at dusk, strolled the river front at twilight...
My new friends



We dined overlooking the river and lighted bridge

and walked on the beach at Tybee Island and Edisto Island.
Tybee Island, GA

Edisto Island, SC



We had a wonderfully fabulous anniversary, but what made it so special for me is that I was with my prince charming, the man who God sent to me at just the right time in my life.  Together, we have made a wonderful life together.  Whether we're on the other side of the world, or relaxing in our cottage-style home on the golf course, we are two happy Leafs, blowing in the wind, wondering where we will land next.  

Until next time, I wish you a smooth sailing 4th of July and oceans of blessings.

May your footsteps set you upon a lifetime journey of love.  
May you wake each day with His blessings and sleep each night in His keeping.  
And may you always walk in His tender care.

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!