Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day to those near...and far.


My handsome Daddy

Today is a special day to honor the special men in our lives...our fathers.  Like me, there are many of you who have lost your fathers, so this is the day we linger over the heartwarming memories of them.

This is the first Father's Day that I won't be calling my Daddy, which feels very strange.  He's with his heavenly Father now.  That is my comfort.  But today I will celebrate all the years of fun, laughter, adventure, and love that he gave me.  Most of those memories he probably forgot over the years.  But I haven't.  I hold them close to my heart.

For those of you who still have your fathers, be sure to make them feel special; it doesn't take much ... a visit, a phone call, a little gift or an endearing card.

Here's wishing a Happy Father's Day to those we still have in our lives.  Our brothers.  Uncles.  Step-fathers.  Fathers-in-law.

Happy Father's Day and oceans of blessings to all!

Daddy & me in Zion Nat'l Park 2010

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

I bet this was a hard father's day for you, Sharon, but I know you are grateful for all the time and love you invested in your dad even when he was so far away.
You really loved him well
and were a beautiful daughter to him.
I'm sure he is smiling down proud
and grateful,
Jennifer

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!