Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lady Traveler and New Year's Eve 2011


The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.

Where has the year gone? Aren't you asking yourself the same question? Today I am enjoying the stillness of my sea, hoping it is a sign of what lies beyond the blue horizon.

Here are a few random thoughts to end my year.

January: I started out with a bang--I became senior citizen.! I wear this honor proudly, thankful to be alive. My friends gave me a surprise dinner party--I love my friends, both near and far.

June: Our daughter Jacquie, Tom, & Destinee pulled up their California stakes and moved to Lexington (on Lake Murray), South Carolina--now only a road-trip away from us.

October: My debut novel, Lady and the Sea, was released--and sailing full-speed ahead.

November: Our daughter Carrie married, bringing our son Jason and other family members from near and far to be together for five fun-filled days. Our son, Shawn, and Frances made their California exit to Washington after she accepted a position as news reporter for CBS TV (she is a natural in front of the camera!).

And the year was sprinkled with out-of-state friends stopping over to bring sunshine to my life (Joni, Susan, Regina, Lora, Teri, to name a few--I miss you!)

I'm taking time to ponder over 2011 -- a year full of love, laughter, and blessings. But at the same time I cannot spend too much time looking back when 2012 is beckoning me to sail away. I have no idea what God has in store for the coming year, but Rob and I are ready to leave our safe shore--again--and dive into a new ocean! Look out, 2012, here we come!

I wish you oceans of blessings and smooth sailing for the coming year!

Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony & peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11 NLT

www.sharonleaf.com

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!