Saturday, August 13, 2011

Which Way to your Destination?




When I look back at where I've been,
I see that what I am becoming is a whole lot further down the road from where I was.

A few random thoughts on this lazy Saturday afternoon: Do you ever ask yourself, "how in the world did I get to this place?" I love the fact that a thousand different choices, good or bad, right or wrong, have taken me to the place where I am now. Do you ever wonder where you would be if you would have made the other choice instead? For example, going on that dreaded blind date instead of staying home ... or answering the phone instead of watching your favorite TV reality show ... on and on ....

The twists and turns you have made led you to your sweetheart, your soul mate, to that country you always dreamed about traveling to but never thought you would, having your own catering business, an art studio, a printing company. Your dreams, along with the disappointments and failures, now find you highlighted in the last month's Romantic Homes Magazine* ... you signing your debut novel in the local Barnes and Noble* ... now, fill in YOUR dream.

Whether you like it or not, here you are. Hopefully, you love where you've landed. If not, what are you going to do about it? Make a choice ... good or bad, right or wrong, make a decision, then go for it! It's your journey, and your destination.

Make the best of your days. And while you're at it, make friends, not enemies. Wipe that frown off your face! Smile! There! You're beautiful when you smile.

Have a great summer's day. Keep making those turns in your road, hopefully to the right!

God is gently calling you ... to an open place of freedom where He has set your table full of the best food. Job 36:16 NCV

*true stories

4 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

love this...the large font,
the abstract of the ship
(is that the cover for your book?),
the encouragement to hold those dreams close to my heart,
the fresh wisdom.
thanks for the share,
busy lady leaf!
-Jennifer

debra123 said...

I'm not one to play the 'Would if' game. I believe my steps are ordered by God.Happy to be where I am. No regrets. xoxox

Sharon Leaf said...

Jen, no, this is not the book cover. I just received my lovely cover yesterday!
Debra, I so agree with you. Life is much better when we allow God to order our steps. But I have to admit that I've taken my own detour a few times, but I chose to learn from those mistakes. I love getting back on the path that God has ordered for me! No regrets here either. God bless you Debra123!

Sharon Leaf said...

Deb123, I take that back ... During my 'detour days' I made some bad decisions that today I regret. But I thank God that he is faithful and I am thankful to be at this place of peace and joy. Blessings to all!

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!