Monday, August 29, 2011

Earthquakes and Hurricanes




What a week this has been. I was sitting on the floor with Popcorn, when the earth started quaking. Not a lot, but just enough to remind me of when I lived in southern California. I've been through enough of them to know what they feel like, and I don't care to experience them back here in the south.

Then there was Hurricane Irene. Watching the TV broadcast of her magnitude sent chills up and down my spine as I recalled the days on the high seas on the WWII ship, MS Restoration, and we found ourselves headed into the eye of Hurricane Hector off the gulf of Mexico. I won't tell the whole story now, but God had mercy on us, and Hector became a tropical storm as he headed further out to sea and we continued toward the Panama Canal. Adios senior! I proclaimed as I lay in my bunk, still reeling from his fury.

On a lighter note ... I just finished my final edits to send to my publisher. Every step toward having Lady and the Sea published is a step closer to my dream coming true. A few random thoughts. Bigger dreams sometimes take longer to accomplish. Like Hector, the seas are sometimes rough, but keep hanging on, ride out the storms, and before you know it, you'll arrive at your destination.

Just looked at the clock ... I'll talk more later ... right now I have to prepare for Rob's homecoming ... he's going to paint the dining room, and guess who's his assistant?

Oceans of blessings!

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love all the wildness coming around
to roost...makes room for uncertainty,
which always stirs up
good, good stuff.
Love to you and that book!
-Jennifer

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!