I want us to continue on our Heart Path of Love so we can live healthier, longer, stronger lives. After all, we have a lot of livin' to do! First, here are a few statistics that surprised me:
- Heart disease is the No. ONE killer in the USA.
- Stroke is the No. 3 killer and the leading cause of serious, long-term disability.
- Together, they claim 870,000 lives a year.
- Nearly four in 10 American adults believe they have ideal heart health (I was one of those four). Less than one in 10 believes they have poor heart health (who me?)
Enough statistics. I want to share a few Cardiac Care tips for daily living:
- Make easy lifestyle changes: Look for short breaks each day--10 to 30 minutes--to implement heart-healthy activities, such as walking.
- Plan quick and simple healthy meals (there are many cool cook books out there).
- KNOW your family heart health history.
- Don't worry. Trust God. Start thinking, The glass is half full!
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a HEART of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 NIV
...always do what's wRite!