Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first WIN meeting!

Tonight I enjoyed a fun evening at the first Fort Mill chapter of the Women's Initiative Network--WIN. After mingling for awhile, the evening began with me reading my Valentine's story, A Season for Love (from Ecclesiastes 3:1, posted on my blog). Afterwards, a beautiful young woman came to me and said, "Your story was just for me. I recently broke up with my fiance, and your story inspired me to know that God is still in control of my future." Now, that gal encouraged me to know that my writing is not in vain. Whatever season you're in, as you commit your journey to your Heavenly Valentine, He will give you more than you can ever imagine. If He did it for me, He will surely do it for YOU! As I was leaving, another woman asked, "How long have you been married?" I answered proudly, "Twenty-one years." She replied, "Oh! The way you read your story, I thought you were recently married!" I smiled, and then answered, "We still feel like newlyweds." Then I made my exit to go home to my Valentine.
(picture taken at The Biltmore Estates, spring '09)

2 comments:

debra123 said...

I love your writing. It is real just like you!











I love

Sharon Leaf said...

ThanKs Debra!

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!