Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Lesson 8 of "From Challenge to Change to Courage...God's Master Plan" for you Life!

"From Challenge to Change to Courage...God's Master Plan" for your Life! 

Lesson 8

by Sharon Leaf

Everywhere I go, coffee is always there!

Today's women are facing many Challenges
Challenges that call for Change.  
Speaking from experience, I can tell you that Change can be scary, but ... 
... as we trust in the Lord we realize that God allows Change for our benefit.
However, when we're going through these Challenges and Changes we sometimes 
cannot see the forest for the trees.  
But when we allow God to direct our path, 
Courage comes on the scene ...

then anything can happen!


Part 1 ~ Building Integrity
  Integrity fosters belief.  Integrity--what an under-emphasized word in the world we live in today.  Although I grew up in the church, I thought it was okay to tell little white lies.  What did it hurt?  If I didn't want to go to my friend Teri's house, I'd tell her I wasn't feeling well.  Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't want to hurt someone's feelings so you thought it was okay to tell a little white lie?  When I married Rob, he made it very clear: "There would be no little white lies.  A lie is a lie."  Ouch!  I soon learned that there was no way to bow-out of a situation gracefully without lying.  That's where integrity comes in.  Rob is one of the most honest men I have ever met, and because I happen to live with him, I have learned a deeper meaning of the word.
   If you are an honest person, people will see Jesus through the life you live.  You are the candle that refuses to be hid under a bush, the light that others will be drawn to.  And at the right time, you will be able to share the gospel with them because you have earned their trust.
   Many women are hurting, but because of pride, guilt, or shame, they don't feel like anyone would understand, so they tell little white lies about their past and their present.  On the outside, they look perfect.  
   Someone is looking at you as if you are some perfect woman who would never understand where they are coming from.  Then, like Jesus when He reached out to the Samaritan woman, they find that you are full of love and compassion.  You listen while they pour out their heart.  You don't condemn.  You don't talk about them behind their back.  You offer a better way.  You offer Jesus.
   There is nothing more miserable than to be caught in a little white lie.  Suddenly, your integrity is shot to, well, you know where.  The best thing to do is ask forgiveness as soon as possible, and then make it right.  Admitting a fault is hard but it brings freedom that cannot be bought.  What happens when that irritating woman at the office invites you over for coffee and you decline because you're going out of town--then she calls your house to find you home watching your favorite chick-flick.  What is she going to think?  Think about it.  Your integrity is at stake here.

Part 2 ~ To the business woman:
 (A)  Integrity is Required to be a Spokesperson.  As Christian women we have an obligation to demonstrate good judgement in what  we say and do.  Our representation is viewed as the single most important means to determine if we are credible.  This is of utmost importance in the business world.  Today, Christians are an easy target for claims of hypocrisy.  We say one thing, and do another.  Let's be honest; we've all been hypocrites at some time in our lives.  How can we make this right?  By admitting our lack of perfection, and a desire to improve.  Jesus knows our hearts, and He knows that we are striving to be more like Him in every way.
(B) Thou shalt not judge thy clients.  Whenever I'm talking to someone for the first time, I have a tendency to give them a visual third degree.  Come on, admit it, you probably do too.  Her lipstick is too dark; her skirt is too short; I'm sure she's had a face lift--several times!  Then that loving scripture in Luke 6 floats across my radar. "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged..."  I remind myself that I don't know what that woman has been through in her life.  I'm sure many women have looked at me and thought, What she needs is a few facelifts.  What are we really looking for in our client?  Yes, we are in the business to offer our products, but God has put that client in our path for a divine purpose, even if we are only to give a word of encouragement.  So let's forget the exterior, and focus on the interior--the heart.


Beautiful churches throughout Europe.
Berlin, Germany 2017

Part 3 ~ Integrity is a lifestyle
   As Christian women, we have an obligation to demonstrate good judgement in what we say and do.  Our actions, decisions, and attributes convey or moral code.  Does your life reflect the Ten Commandments at work in your life?  Does God's love show in how you relate to your co-workers and your clients?  Today the corporate world is full of 'get even' behavior.  Integrity is built on forgiving and forgetting.

Part 4 ~ Integrity allows a higher level of service
   As we build our integrity, we prepare ourselves to serve at higher levels  Many years ago I was content working in the corporate world.  I loved my job and thought everything was going great until one day I was summoned to the district manager's office.  Without going into details, I was let go ... asked to leave.  Fired!  I was stunned because I had never been laid off before.  After I have my personal opinion of the strained-situation-at-hand, my manager ended with "We're giving you a month's severance pay with three thousand dollars compensation."  The end.
   I experienced firsthand the cut-throat corporate, political world.  Little did I know that what waited for me beyond the large glass building was a tutoring job for a friend who had recently started her own business.  I would have never had the opportunity of teaching all of those wonderful Asian children if I hadn't have been laid off (still sounds better than fired!).  That exit led me to more exciting job opportunities.  
   What did I learn through the pain and rejection?  Forgive those who wrongfully accuse you. Forgetting is the process that comes with the healing power of the Holy Spirit.

Part 5 ~ When someone we love goes astray
   This is a time to love, not judge.  I've gone astray many times in the past, and that is when I avoided friends who judged and preached.  It was the woman at work who listened on her lunch break without condemning who I eventually shared my hurts with.  As we listen to the Holy Spirit, He will guide us as to what to say, and when to speak.  Until then, listen with a loving heart to those around you.  This would even be a good time to use the WHO factor:  Wait-Hear-Obey.

Part 6 ~ A lack of integrity causes separation
   In Mark 11:25 we are told to forgive those whose we are holding a grudge so that our Father may forgive us.  We can remove sin immediately by confessing to God, who forgives and forgets immediately.  This is vital to keeping the two-way communication link open.  When unforgiveness abounds, God is with us but He remains silent until we come to Him.  Hebrews 13:5 says, I will never leave you or forsake you.
   Once we have become dependent on the Lord for decision-making, we don't want to lose that communication.  God cares about our peace and our ability to serve Him.  Our level of integrity parallels with our ability to fulfill our assignments on earth.


Christians have an obligation to demonstrate good judgement 
in what they say and do.
Our representation is viewed as the single most important
means to determine if we are credible.

Until next time, whether near or far,
keep reading and keep that body movin'!




No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!