Thursday, December 26, 2019

A New Decade. A New Season

A New Decade.  A New Season

At every crossroad, follow your dream.
It is courageous to let your heart lead the way.


The holidays are coming to a close.
A thankful Thanksgiving.
A joyful Christmas.
The ringing in of a new year.
A new decade.
2020.

Like most of you,
I've been pondering on several things that I plan to change.
(I do not call them New Year Resolutions).

I recently received a rejection of my manuscript
Lady on the Run.
(due to a wonderful editor having to retire for personal reasons)
Disappointment. Questioning my writing gift
(even though the editor loves my story and my writing).
Lots of emotions involved that all writers experience.
So I came to a crossroad and had to make a decision.
Do I continue on until my book is published,
 Or,
do I put it on the shelf and forget about it,
like I did forty years ago?
For this moment in time ... neither.

However, I have decided to lay down my writing for a season.
Writing takes hours upon hours of time spent in front of the beloved computer.
At my golden age of 74 next month,
I'm choosing to cherish my last days, months (years!) on earth
by focusing on
Spending more time with family, friends, and neighbors.
Volunteering locally.
Researching subjects that are near to me, such as Israel.
Reading.  Taking longer walks.
And lots more.

I'll be spending less time on social media and more time 
reading and studying my Bible.
And talkin' to Jesus.

I know, I know!  I can hear all of you dedicated writers saying,
"You can do it all! Just be more organized ... be more .... "
I am organized.  Well, somewhat. Now that I'm a
RED* (Retired-Extremely-Daring)
I often get distracted ... it's the elusive butterfly syndrome.
But whatever else I'm doing (even washing the dishes), I have this little voice whispering in my ear,
"You should be in your office, pounding on your iMac, writing, writing, writing!"
And that little voice is what I want live without for ... maybe a month, or two ... we'll see.

Sunset from our back patio 2019

I recently read about a friend/writer who did this, and she found a new sense of inner peace.
Relaxing instead of stressing about her next blog.
This was another confirmation of what I need to do.
Ahh, yes ... the right thing for me to do ... for a season.

Until Lady on the Run* is published,
you can enjoy my adventures on the high seas in my book
Lady and the Sea
(available on Amazon.com)


As you ponder and pray for God's direction for your next season in the coming year,
I wish all of you, my dear friends, 
oceans of happy and prosperous New Year's blessings!


My aim is to raise hope by pointing the way to life without end.
This is the life God promised long ago--
and He doesn't break promises.
Titus 1:1 (the Message)


*Lady on the Run now available!















No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!