Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Lady TraveleR is back on the island.

Lady TraveleR is back on the island

On the Road again ... foR the last time?
I no sooneR Returned fRom my wRiteRs confeRence
than Rob planned a Road tRip foR us.
Yes, I was getting Restless,
but a road trip so soon after I returned home?
"We're only driving up the road," he said.
"We're going to Dreher Island?" I asked.
"Why not? It's one of our favorite hangouts.
Besides, this might be the last trip before we sell her."
That did it.  I almost forgot that we're planning to sell
Moon River, our beautiful home-on-wheels.
"Yes, we shall go to Dreher Island," I replied with a note of sadness. 

I'm glad Rob had the bright idea to spend some days at Dreher Island State Park.
Pure serenity and peace to be surrounded by the
tall pine trees, the chirping birds, not to mention all the friendly campers.

So here we are, camping on Lake Murray in our motor home, 
just an hour north of our cozy condo on ...
Lake Murray.
I'm glad that God put the bright idea in Rob's heart to come here.
where there are less distrRactions.

Today I'm typing aways at our little table in Moon River,
sipping on FolgeRs, glancing out the window
at the same lake I admire every day from our patio.

We've enjoyed many sunny days at Dreher Island on Lake Murray
Prosperity, SC
But at this moment I'm looking at the lake from a different angle.
This might be the last time I'll be glancing out the window of our
home-on-wheels.
Wheels that has safely taken us thousands of miles to over 
25 states in the past three years.
Sadness and thankfulness fill my soul.

Campsite at Dreher Island State Park, one of our favorite getaways.

I continue typing, trying to fill my mind with thoughts of what to write
in my next blog for the Retired and Good Living website.

Then I stop and say a little pRayeR.

Sometimes that's what we have to do with our present situations.
Instead of looking with our narrow minds,
we need to pray and ask God to show us our
circumstances from His angle.
For you it might be your relationship with your mate, a friend, a neighbor, or a recent loss,
a change in lifestyle ....

Now, I can turn my thoughts to an unwritten blog,
chapters that needs to be revised ....

Yes, I'm really enjoying my days here at Dreher Island,
just an hour north of our home on the same lake,
in my home-on-wheels,
perhaps for the last time (tear).


I shall Rejoice in the LoRd foR all that He has done for me,
and foR what He has foR me in the days to come.


No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!