Tuesday, November 6, 2018

"Lady on the Run" is running!


I'm late in posting this blog because
I FORGOT to post it!
Did you ever have those days, weeks, or even months of forgetfullness?
Well, this was my month.
But here it is anyway.
And Be sure to read the last paragraph!

My first 10K run 1978
The Los Angeles Marathon
finishing in the Los Angeles Coliseum!

My first half-marathon with my friend Mary.
Rose Bowl Marathon 1979



My running days in the '70s


This was a special week for me.
I finished my proposal for
LADY on the RUN.
I emailed the proposal
to an agent who was referred to me.
Scary and freeing at the same time.
Click!  Send!  Done.

Now I'm taking a few deep breaths,
throwing a few items in my carry-on,
and flying to California
to my 55-year-high school reunion!

In my spare moments, I sit here and
create a new FaceBook page titled,
Lady on the Run with Sharon Leaf
Not much on it yet, but it's fun to
DREAM.

As all writers know,
there are many facets of writing.
Dreaming.  Creating.
Writing.  Working.
Re-writes.
Marketing via
Facebook.  Blogging.
 Instagram.
Pintrest.  On and on and on.
Editing.  Submitting.
Waiting.
And of course a few (or more) rejections.

Many women tell me,
"I want to write a book but I don't know where to start.
I answer,  "Just write.  Write.  Write."
You can do the rest as time goes by.
Keep writing.
Join a critique group.  A writers group like  Word Weavers.
Attend writers conferences, workshops, retreats.
Always read.  And learn.

And with that, I shall close for now.

I wish you oceans of blessings!


"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1


UPDATE:
My So-Cal trip was a blast!
It was a wonderful experience seeing my old Downey High School buddies!
We had a blast recalling all the memories.
Because of FaceBook we can chat and visit
when we have a few minutes here and there in our busy lives.


BIG UPDATE: The day before we flew to So-Cal we ...
sold our house ...
and bought our long-awaited condo on Lake Murray!
And that's what my next blog is about,
so stay tuned!
At the moment I'm neck-deep in boxes~
moving day is this Thursday and Friday!
EEEEEEK!!!!!





To order LADY and the SEA  and/or  LADY on the RUN go to:

No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!