Monday, August 13, 2018

Feels Like Home...Springfield, Missouri

I arrive in Springfield for the fourth time
to visit son Shawn 
and daughter-in-love Francee.
Rob and I arrive for the third year at
Route 66 KOA,
a nice family place to stay.
And a great swimming pool!


Morning and evening swims.
Part of my summer routine.

Shopping at Bass Pro where Shawn is a photographer.
The Route 66  Festival 
Over 500 classic cars
Photo by Shawn Watson Photography
(my son)
I need an updated photo for my upcoming book
LADY ON THE RUN


The Route 66 Festival almost got rained out the first night.
Thunder and lightning way too close for comfort!
But the Bass Pro Aquarium and Wildlife Museum was outstanding!
The prettiest fish I've ever seen!


World largest polar bear from Alaska!


New bestie friend.


We spent a few days together at a lovely RV park in Lebanon, MO.
Hidden Valley Outfitters RV Park (HVO)

We felt welcome from the moment we drove up!

Francee chillin' on the river


Great BBQ tri-tip.  Thanks Shawn!

There was much to do, but won't get into details.
Now we must say 'farewell' for now...the hardest part of one's visit.

Just remember, wherever you travel ...

Nature has been for me, for as long as I can remember,
a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight.


God's Word and our prayers make every item in creation holy.
I Timothy 4:1


No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!