Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lady Traveler in Berlin - Part 6


Berlin in the Fall

Part 6
My European Trip September 2017


There are many places I have been,
Places I have never seen,
Places I would love to see,
Places that I never will.
The most delightful part
of my traveling scene
is embracing friends once again,
and spending precious time 
with our beloved family.


(the above is not a poem, 
only words that spontaneously 
came from my heart)


Trip of a lifetime with family



The Berlin Wall
Torn down.





There will always be Berlin.
The food. The museums.
The streets.  The canals.
The wall.  The history.


Three days in Berlin

Our time in Berlin was short.
The days were cloudy, cold, and even a
great wind storm swept through the city.
What warmed our hearts was the time we spent with
son and daughter.


Xyla, Robinski, and Jason
Their smiles and laughter made the rain go away!


We traveled by bus, by metro, by train.
And we walked.
Amazing how us seniors kept up with the youngins.
Well, at least we tried.
Note to young folks when traveling with
your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles:
When they look like they're ready to pass out,
suggest a stop at a local cafe for a drink and snack.
I guarantee that they will say, "Oh, what a great idea! Lets do that!"




Mean stepmom and son



Met our California friend, Tamara, a famous opera star!


Where to stay:
If you like privacy, more room to stretch out,
cook, or fill a frig full of snacks,
I suggest a BnB.
We stayed in three BnB's and loved them,
had a balcony in Italy and Spain.
If you want room service, stay in a hotel.
We stayed in a nice hotel in Barcelona, Spain
and the concierge found us a beauty salon
across the street and up the stairs from our hotel.
Perfect!

BnB in Berlin


Comfy beds at BnB in Berlin



I love German food!  Wienerschnetzel is my favorite!
There were many delicious entrees to choose from,
and beer galore.
I'm not a beer drinker, so I guess that's why
I loved Italy more ... oh, the heavenly wine!


I recommend everything!



Well, I did pass on this dish.  Can you guess what this is?



Rob and Jason loved this delakasie




Now, it's time to say farewell to Berlin,
and our six-week European holiday with Jason and Xyla.
Thank you, again, from the bottom of our hearts,
for giving us a trip of a lifetime.
Rob and I have traveled the world,
but this was extra special because
we were with you!



Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6

sharonleaf.com

The new me.
I'm re-inventing myself as a
blond-on-my-way-to-a-silver-lining!






No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!