Saturday, December 30, 2017

Lady Traveler ~ No place like home for Christmas


Lady Traveler is home for the holydays!  
I'm re-posting this blog from last year (2016) because the message is the same.  
Enjoy, and I'll chat with you next year.  2018!

Christmas in our first South Carolina home in Fort Mill, 2006
The mural painting was in the house when we bought it.
The canal reminded us of when we lived in Uppsala, Sweden in 1991-92
so I kept it and created a little cafe where the Le aRtist's Studio
met each month to share our dreams. 

There's no place like home for the holidays,
No matter how far away you roam...
Fa-la-la-la-la, la la la la!


On the other hand...
For a few moments while we were on the road
traveling cross country in Moon River, our 40-foot motor home,
the thought came to me,
I could do this...full-time.
Everyone is so busy at home...
No one would miss me.


Everywhere Moon River took us,
the wide open roads seemed to be 
beckoning me,
from Route 66 in Springfield, Missouri
across I-70 through Kansas and Colorado.
Even on the I-15 from Utah to California,
the desert, the hills, the blue Pacific
I heard them calling...
Come, stay with us.


Like my Daddy, I have a spirit of wanderlust.
I'm a happy wanderer.
A gilded gypsy.
A vagabond.
A sojourner.


I've traveled the USA by bus, bike, train, plane, car and RV

HOWEVER, like my sweet southern Mama,
I'm a homebody.
I love to nest.
I adore my little treasures
from around the world.
Russia, Siberia. Latvia. Estonia.
Turkey. Greece.
Sweden. Norway. Finland.
England. France. Spain. Italy. Germany.
Israel.


There are more countries but I can't seem to remember.
That's what treasures are for, 
to remind us of those places where we first saw them, brought them home, and 
found a special place for each one.


beLeaf in your dreams and they will come true.
Believe.

Some day I might have to part with these treasures, but not today.
And the highways and byways will have to wait.
Because for now, I'm singing ...


There's no place like home for the holydays,
where
family and friends gather
to celebrate
the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.


No matter what you believe,
I wish you oceans of holyday blessings!


And she (Mary) shall bring forth a son,
and thou shall call his name JESUS:
for he shall save his people
from their sins.
Matthew 1:21


and He still does.


Lady on the Sea is available:




3 comments:

Sharon Leaf said...

Thank you for stopping by!

Jennifer Richardson said...

I remember that sweet spot
and those ice skates
and your Christmastime magic:)
Wishing you a most beautiful time of it
in this newborn year:)
-Jennifer

Sharon Leaf said...

Jennifer, Likewise I remember spending a magical Christmas evening in your backyard, nestled by a cozy fire, surrounded by twinkle lights, both inside and outside of your home. God gave us a memory to recall those special moments with family and FRIENDS like you. I wish you oceans of New Year blessings.

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!