Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Hobo Travels to South Carolina for ...

Celebrating an 'early 70th birthday' with my two great kids
August 2015

To know someone here or there with 
whom you feel there is an understanding in spite of 
distances or thoughts  unexpressed -- 
that can make of this earth a garden.
~Goethe~

I recently experienced one of the most favorite weeks of my life.

I began months ago thinking...
 how do I want to celebrate my BIG 70th birthday?
Without a doubt, I knew what I wanted, 
and I shared my special birthday wish with Jesus.
"I want to spend some special time with my two kids...together."

Well, Jesus must have whispered my birthday wish in Rob's ear 
because before I knew it,
Rob was making plans to fly Shawn 
from Springfield, MO to our home in South Carolina.
An overdue reunion was in the making.
The timing was perfect.
  For me.  For Jacquie.  For Shawn.  
And for the sultry southern weather.

Six years since we've been together, 
so our week was filled with laughing, singing, and reminiscing.

We sang.
We pontooned on Lake Murray.
Shawn: "Who are those crazy girls?
Oh, yeah, my sis and niece."
We went to church together.  
We toured South Carolina's capital, Columbia.
A morning tour of Columbia, South Carolina

Then we toured Charleston.
Simply, we had a wild and wonderful week that I will cherish forever.
Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you, Rob.  
And thank you, my sweet Shawn and Jacquie.


All sunshine and sovereign is God,
generous in gifts and glory.
Psalm 84:10


No comments:

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!