Friday, November 14, 2014

Autumn is in the air...Thanksgiving is on the way

Autumn in our backyard, Fort Mill, SC 2008
Confession time.
I've been busy
doing the necessities of daily life.
then fighting a cold,
traveling back and forth to my warm bed
in order to feel normal again.

Come unto Me,
all of you who are tired and have heavy loads,
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 NIV

I am returning to the land of the living slowly.
I'm so excited for Christmas time.
Ooops ... 
Need to celebrate Thanksgiving first.
I'm often guilty of
putting the cart before the horse.

Autumn is in the air
but winter is close behind.
Will drop to 20+ tonight.
Brrr.
Fireplace, a hot cup of anything,
a cozy blanket, little Popcorn close by.
That's my remedy for a fast recovery.

Until next time,
I wish you oceans of warm blessings!
Waiting for Christmas
Joys come from simple and natural things,
sunlight on the leaves,
snow on the meadow,
little birds decked with ice skates,
keeping Christ in Christmas.





2 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Such lovely verses to remind us to slow down and savor the goodness each and every season can bring.

Joy to you and yours!

Sharon Leaf said...

And Laura, I wish you oceans of glitter for this holiday season!! I'm swimming in waves of glowing glitter already!

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!