Sunday, May 13, 2012

I love book signings!


I had a blast at my book signing at Books A Million in Sumter, SC, the town where I was born.  The feeling of sheer nostalgia filled my senses as I drove past Shaw Air Force Base where my Mom and Dad met and fell in love sixty-eight years ago.


As I shared my story of Lady and the Sea, I could see their eyes light up at the spoken word.  One woman is taking Lady on her cruise next week; another will read Lady while convalescing from her surgery she's having tomorrow ... I love their stories too.  And I met several young women, Shannon and Jessica, who's passion is writing.  I encouraged them: "Don't give up.  Write your heart and soul.  Your dream can come true!"


The Books A Million manager invited me back for more book signings, so I'll be returning to my home town in the near future to meet more friendly folks.


Writing is one of my passions, but encouraging readers and inspiring writers I meet along the way is the frosting on my cake.  


Now I must go and finish enjoying my Mother's Day with the man of my dreams.  Actually, ladies, he is the frosting on my cake, if you know what I mean.  *wink*


I wish you smooth sailing and oceans of blessings for the coming week.  And I hope you're having a special Mother's Day.  Sharing my day with my daughter, Jacquie, after being apart for five years, is another dream come true for me.  Hang on to those dreams ... they DO come true!

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

beautiful, beautiful,
altogether beautiful:):):)
so thankful for you
and your dreams,
Jen

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!