Friday, April 20, 2012

Life's Journey

Istanbul 2008

He protected us on our entire journey and among all nations through which we traveled.
Joshua 24:17

Whether we are traveling around the world on a World War II ship or moving to another city, isn't it comforting to know that God's protection is with us? No matter where our journey takes us, we can have confidence that the Lord is guiding us, directing us, and protecting us every mile of the way.

After fourteen months at sea, Rob and I arrived home to the USA in 1995 from many ports-of-call around the world. Today we have arrived safely in our port-of-call here in Lexington. Through the years I have learned that no matter how near or far I travel, I want my heavenly Father leading me. When we trekked through Siberia on the former Communist Youth Propaganda train in 1992, I sometimes felt a million miles away from my familiar surroundings. However, when I read Joshua 24:17, I was once again assured of the presence of God traveling with me.

As you begin planning your next journey, I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will be the Captain of your ship. I wish you smooth sailing in the days ahead, and oceans of blessings!

To read more about Lady and the Sea, visit my website at www.sharonleaf.com



1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

even journeys that catch us
by surprise,
He is faithful.
Faithful, faithful, faithful:)
So grateful for His faithful
lovingkindness.
And for the sweet spot
He has planned and prepared
for you and Rob.
And the best is STILL to come!
So so happy for you, friend:)
-Jennifer

On life's journey, whether traveling around the world or walking around your block, there's lots to learn about life, faith, friendship and fun! so lets dive into a new ocean together ... and lets keep that body movin'!